Thursday 9 July 2020

Super Late Post!! Red Cabbage Harvest in April 2020

Hello again everyone! I will be posting a lot of super late posts in the coming few days as I had not been very good at keeping up with the garden for a few reasons.

First of all, I had an unfortunate first trimester pregnancy aversion in gardening. Yes, the sight of soil makes me want to puke. Haha... It's probably a good thing though, as I tend to go a bit crazy with gardening and overtire myself. I also had aversion in house work, especially dish washing.

Secondly, the weather had cooled down significantly here in Melbourne and for some reason I didn't cope too well this time around. Maybe it's to do with the pregnancy too. Anyway, I spent a few weeks taking frequent nap and being super duper bloated. Very unpleasant because my brain wanted to do things but my body refused.

All of these aversions mysteriously disappeared when the pregnancy reached around 11-12 weeks. Now I'm back to my old self and back in the garden again despite the freezing weather and doing a lot of tidying up around the house.

This brilliant looking red cabbage was harvested in April and it was so satisfying to process into a few different meals. I called this one the lucky cabbage as I planted two and this particular one seemed to successfully avoid slug and caterpillar damage, unlike the other one. It's also so pretty, like a bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nature Flower Arrangement - Flowering Nasturtium Trellis Border

The Nasturtium trellis is flowering. They look so pretty. This is what I see when I look out the window to my backyard. I can't believe ...