Thursday 9 July 2020

Covid-19 Home Schooling and Our Occasional Visits to the Garden.

We are now in the month of July and I'm busy working on my super late posts from May and June. This post is dedicated to the beginning of home schooling experience that all parents and children experienced (and probably will experience again some time soon). 

Home schooling and working from home meant we got to sneaked out to the garden during the day and enjoyed whatever gifts nature gave us. For us, it was the bunch of Chrysanthemum plants that were blooming with flowers. I planted two types, one with pink and white flowers and another with the bright yellow flowers. At the time the photo was taken I had an intention to document the gradual blooms but pregnancy sickness didn't agree with my plan, so I only managed to capture these 2 shots of the very beginning of the blooming process.



Another favourite of mine is the Calendula flowers. These bright orange flowers are heavenly gift, not only because of the very much needed splash of colours during our gloomy winter months in Melbourne, but the skin calming and healing properties. 


 And the Lavender flowers are our frequent harvest to make into tea and oil infusion.

We reserved Fridays to accomplish the weekly art school projects. The topic for this particular project is collage. My son foraged the garden to collect different leaves and flowers. His work reminded me of how blessed we are with the Melbourne weather (despite the occasional freezing temperature) that we still get a lot of colours from nature from the bright green leaves to the pinks and oranges of flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nature Flower Arrangement - Flowering Nasturtium Trellis Border

The Nasturtium trellis is flowering. They look so pretty. This is what I see when I look out the window to my backyard. I can't believe ...