Sunday 26 April 2020

Natural Material Insect Hotel from Dahlia Stems

After clearing out the Dahlia plants, I thought their stems were thick and have adequate size holes to be made into insect hotels. There are lots of bees in the garden. I'm trying to attract ladybugs and other beneficial insects as well.

The large and thick stems were bundled together. I hope the bees will utilise them.
I placed it under a medium size Camelia bush so it's sheltered.

I also collected and bundled together the thinner stems for the smaller insects:
And I placed it under a small bush rose in between the stems and shallots:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nature Flower Arrangement - Flowering Nasturtium Trellis Border

The Nasturtium trellis is flowering. They look so pretty. This is what I see when I look out the window to my backyard. I can't believe ...