Thursday 10 August 2017

Spring 2017 - Companion Planting

I'm trialling the idea of companion planting this year in my garden.
It sounds like a fun thing to do, and I can imagine how pretty the vegetable garden will look like with a combination of greens and flowers and also the herbs smell.

The plan for this year is to have rows of Marigold flowers as garden beds separator. And also to plant the Marigold on the border of the Roses plants at the front garden.

The Marigold seedlings.

At each corner of the garden beds, there will be Nasturtium plants that are going to be trained to grow vertically along the fence.
The Nasturtium seedlings - they are planted a few days ago.

At the bottom of the tomatoes plants, there will be basil and parsley planted. Also, there will be Borage planted near the tomato plants.

Parsley and Basil Seedlings - And I'll be starting more of these in baskets.

The Borage seedlings had just emerged, they were planted a few days ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nature Flower Arrangement - Flowering Nasturtium Trellis Border

The Nasturtium trellis is flowering. They look so pretty. This is what I see when I look out the window to my backyard. I can't believe ...