Sunday 26 April 2020

Dahlia Tubers Harvest and Storing for Next Spring

The Dahlia plants were ready to be cleared. This is the first time I harvested the tubers as they have grown into a big clump and had popped out of the ground. So I thought they need bigger space for next Spring. In the space of roughly 25x80cm, there were this amount of tubers:

So, they were overcrowded. After cleaning and dividing I stored some for next Spring and put up the remaining for sale.

Ready for storing:
I put a thin layer of soil at the bottom of this box. Place the tubers and covered them with more soil. Ready for storing in dark and dry spot over winter.

These are the actual Dahlia plants:
And flowers:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nature Flower Arrangement - Flowering Nasturtium Trellis Border

The Nasturtium trellis is flowering. They look so pretty. This is what I see when I look out the window to my backyard. I can't believe ...